How can you continue to study well in this bizarre and unreal period? How do you deal with the uncertainty? How do you plan your time now that there is much greater freedom? How do you stay mentally healthy? We give you some tips and wish you good luck in the near future!
Keep a routine in studying
Just as you make time to go to lectures, it is crucial that you make the necessary time to take online classes or study. You must prepare and actively process the lessons. But for this good planning and stick to it, that is crucial. Read our tips below.
Tips for managing your studies
- Record your goals and if necessary write down the key words on a piece of paper in sight.
- Make a schedule and structure your week.
- Keep a steady rhythm: get up at the same hour every day and go to sleep at the same hour.
- Strive for efficiency: work intensively and relax intensely afterwards. Good breaks are important.
- Make to do lists and check them off.
- Don’t procrastinate. The ideal moment never comes. Start and hold for at least 20 minutes.
- Provide a study room that radiates tranquility. Clean up your desk or table every day and keep it clean.
- If you sleep where you study, be careful not to confuse both things.
- Guarantee your own peace by switching off your smartphone / laptop every now and then. If necessary, enlist the help of a time management app.
- Whenever possible, provide good IT equipment. A well-functioning PC or laptop, nice headphones and a stable internet connection are especially pleasant now.
- Do you get stuck? You can always contact your study career coach by telephone or email.
Staying mentally healthy
Today it is extra important to stay mentally healthy. Control loneliness and keep in touch with fellow students, friends and family, at a distance. Call or video chat with each other and regularly ask how they are doing.
It is also important to remain calm and accept the situation. What psychologists recommend is to look for structure and predictability in everything you do. What do you have control over and how can you adapt to the corona crisis?
It is good to exercise to regulate your stress hormones. Especially quiet walking, for example in a quiet forest, would now be a good option!